Monday, August 30, 2010

The Happy Dogs Bedtime Prayer


The Happy Dogs Bedtime Prayer
Author Unknown


Now I lay me down to sleep,

The queen-size bed is soft and deep.

I sleep right in the center groove,

My human being can hardly move.

I've trapped her legs,

She's tucked in tight,

And here is where I shall pass the night.


No one disturbs me or dares intrude,

Till morning comes and I want food.

I sneak up slowly and it begins,

My nibbles on my human's chin.

She wakes up slowly and smiles and shouts,

"You darling beast! Just cut it out!"

But mornings here and its time to play,

I always seem to get my way.


So thank you Lord, for giving me,

This human person that I see.

The one who holds me tight,

And shares her bed with me at night!

13 comments:

  1. Oh how sweet! My mom can totally relate (so she says..I don't believe a word of it! BOL!)

    Chi Kisses,
    Avery

    P.S. We is very and I mean very jellys that you are in Aruba!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the best bedtime we have ever heard. Must be something about the truth of it. AMEN!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I think Lucy is a lucky dog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw how sweet. Even though my dog takes up too much room on the bed, it's still so comfy to have her there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hadn't read this one before, thanks for sharing! It's a really sweet prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is tooo cute : ) Ha! luv it!!!

    happy mondaY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's exactly what bedtime at our house is like!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So So True - Love it!

    Wags N Kisses,
    Wrigley

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww that's so sweet! I need to ask my puppy Duplo if he's heard of it too! ;)

    ReplyDelete