Lucy & I are big fans of the dog park in Cranberry Township. I've been taking her there since she was about 12 weeks old and I think it's a real treat for her. Dog parks are a wonderful place for dogs to get a lot of exercise and interact with other dogs. And Lucy loves to make new friends. We went last night, and there were a lot of new dogs there! It never seems to matter that Lucy hasn't met a dog before, a quick sniff, sniff and they're off! "Good Lucy!"
I had some concerns about the visit to the dog park last night. Lucy hasn't been around other dogs since the day that our German Shepherd cut her eye, and a few people warned me that she could possibly have lasting memories of this event that could hinder her interaction with other dogs. Thankfully that was not the case, although she did seem a bit apprehensive... For about 2 seconds!
"I'm ready to go to the dog park, Mom! Get this vehicle moving!"
Lucy's newest friend, a 10 month old labrador! Look at the size of this pup! I couldn't believe that he was only 10 months old!
"Are you sure you're not a box-aroo, Lucy?"
Another new friend! This pretty boy is a boxer-bull! It's funny how Lucy can spot another boxer from a mile away, and instantly goes insane. She loves all dogs, but another boxer is just too much to resist... Even if he is part bull dog!
"I didn't get da ball, Ma! But, I'm runnin, does that count as fetch?"
"Okay, Dallas- I knows dis is your toy, I'm just gonna pick it up and run wit it, and you can chase me! How does dat sound?"
Dallas is a regular at the dog park and Lucy and he really love to play together!
"So, you's a Steelers fan, hugh? I guess since you're part boxer, I won't holds dat against you. But, it's a good ting you've got some boxer blood in ya!"
"Hey, Lucy! It's time to go!"
"I'm comin ma! Hang on!"
Welcome to the "Welcome Wednesday" blog hop, hosted by Take It From Me! Welcome Wednesday is a great way to meet new people and learn new things as well as increase your blog followers! So let's have some fun!!
If you want to be a part of Welcome Wednesday, just follow these 5 simple steps:
1. Follow the Welcome Wednesday Host (Take It From Me) as well as the 2 Spotlighted Blogs of the Week. (These will make up the top three slots on the Linky)
2. Link up your blog name and URL with our Linky. (You only need to add your info once for it to be seen on all the blog hops)
3. Grab our Welcome Wednesday button and include it in a post about the event on your blog.
4. Go to as many blogs on the MckLinky as you want and Follow them. Be sure to tell them you are from Welcome Wednesday!
5. Be sure to Follow back any followers you have gained from our Welcome Wednesday event!