Saturday, January 14, 2012

Perps In The Yard

On Tuesday afternoon, it was beautiful here in Pittsburgh, and I was lucky enough to have my 2nd day in a row off (don't hate me, I worked 21 days in a row to get 2 days off in a row!) Okay, it was beautiful for January in Western Pennsylvania. I spent as much time outside with the dogs as I possibly cold. Even though it was a tad chilly, the sun was out and it felt great to all 3 of us!

I knew as soon as I looked at Lucy and Duke that they were paying very close attention to something going on in the yard, although I had no idea what. At this point, any rabbit stupid enough to still be hanging out in our yard, is fair game! They've had plenty of warning, and more than ample time to get the heck out of Dodge!


Within seconds of my pondering what the kids were watching, and my managing to snap a picture, they had both taken off across the yard- full speed ahead, and they both went straight to the shed. I haven't been down to the shed in a while because our yard is basically a big mud hole, so I had no idea that Lucy had managed to dig a hole to China underneath the shed! She can get her whole body under there, and she managed to come out pretty muddy, which Duke wanted no part of! He was very content to stand on the sidelines, supervising the whole raid!

I still don't know what's living under the shed. I do know that there should be a lot less mud underneath the shed because Lucy tracked a whole bucket full of it into the house! I'm just thankful that at least one of my children has sense enough not to get covered from head to toe in mud every time he goes outside... I love you Duke!


7 comments:

  1. That's an impressive hole! One of my little terriers could probably sort out what's under the shed, assuming it's furry and alive...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Lucy likes to dig like Freddie! I am so glad it snowed here and things froze up. I was getting sick of cleaning up all that mud. A bucket? I believe you! LOL! Hope you get snow soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad my boys aren't diggers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucy Lou's butt is so cute! ;)

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae and Max

    ReplyDelete
  5. It must have been something good under there!!!!

    xXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys have good digging skills. Cute hiney
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw what a cute boxer booty
    Dachshund Nola

    ReplyDelete