Monday, January 9, 2012

Everyone's A Critic...

One of the sweet joys of life is having the pups in the kitchen with me while I'm cooking. Or, should I say, one of the joys in life USUALLY, is having the pups in the kitchen with me while I'm cooking... Of course, to everything there is an exception and today was that exception.


Lucy: "She's takin ways too long up der. What's do you tinks she's doing?"
Duke: "I agree, it's takins a very long time, and she's not droppins nuttin to us. Are we sures she knows what's she's doin?"
Lucy: "Maybes dats da problem!"
Duke: "I'ms tireds of waiten, I'm takins me a nap!"


"Hey, ma! We tinks it's definitely dones! Buts if you's is not so sure, we'll try its out for ya, okay?"

I had no choice, it was either drop the boxers a piece of chicken, or listen to them protesting loudly over how long it was taking me to cook! And since I've already got a raging headache, I dropped some chicken- and in case you're wondering, the critics were right, it was most certainly done! The critics were correct again! I knew there was a good reason for having them in the kitchen!

6 comments:

  1. Fred and Gloria have to taste test everything that I cook too. Today was apple pie! I love the look on Lucy and Dukes faces. It's like "come on already!" LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lesson learned, keep blabbing while moms cooking
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your so cute on your photos! I really love those eyes :)



    --------------------------------
    It's all About Pet Fences | Dog Fence

    ReplyDelete
  4. What cute helpers.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes my chi's whine when I'm cooking and they think I'm taking too long so I can relate.

    ReplyDelete