Sunday, October 10, 2010

Lucy Withdrawl!

This morning, after going through my usual morning routine with Lucy, I jumped in the Boxer Mobile and started driving. I'm happy to say, that after 11 hours- I have arrived at my destination! Charleston, SC here I am!

I had a very hard time leaving Lucy this morning, and probably would have brought her with me, but the agenda for this trip is not exactly a good one for a Boxer baby. And as crazy as 11 hours in the car made me, I'm sure my boxer would have been even more so. So, this morning, I gave her lots of hugs, kisses and "I love you"s and set out on my journey leaving Lucy to keep an eye on her Daddy... (I'm pretty sure that even as I type, Lucy is "testing" the waters with her Daddy, trying to find out exactly what she's gonna be able to get away with since her Alpha is gone...)

In the last 2 weeks, for some reason, Lucy has become very fascinated by my AM routine. She will patiently watch while I make coffee... Stick her head in the shower and help lick the water from my feet when I emerge... She lays in the hallway as I put my makeup on paying close attention to everything that I do... And when I turn on the blowdryer, she will jump up and start kissing me (I blowdry my hair upside down, so my face is in close kissing proximity for Lucy!)...

I certainly hope I'm gonna be able to function tomorrow morning without Lucy's assistance! I know that right now, I'm pretty tired, but I'm missing her and my darling fiance terribly!

6 comments:

  1. Nothing beats licking shower water off mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Marianne,

    Lucy Lou will miss you but I bets her will have lot of fun wif daddy!

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like Lucy is a great helper!

    Guess what? My mom person & I have created a new blog at www.PetBlogsUnited.com.

    We'd love it if you would come over and check it out & become a member. It's a great new place for pet bloggers to find each other, and get an opportunity to be a featured blog!

    Nubbin wiggles,
    Oskar

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy Charleston. We were just there a couple of weeks ago and love the city.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was born in SC - in Myrtle Beach. I don't know if that's anywhere near Charleston. We left when I was just a baby and I've never been back, although I'd love to go someday.

    My boys like to lick the water off me when I step out of the shower too.

    Hope you have a wonderful vacation and a safe trip home to your fiance and beautiful baby boxer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww Lucy is beautiful! I'm sure you'll miss her...

    ReplyDelete