This morning on my AM blog rounds, I came across about the Pet Bloggers Challenge, going on today, January 10th! We were visiting our friends Peggy & Kelly when we learned about the challenge. Peggy's got a great site full of all kinds of useful and insightful information... and did I mention that Lucy & I think that Kelly's pretty adorable?
I'm looking forward to reflecting back over my first (almost) year of blogging, and my first (almost) year with Lucy.
1. When did you begin your blog? My first ever blog post was "51 Hours and Counting Till Lucy Comes Home" on April 1, 2010.
2. What was your original purpose for starting a blog? I can remember being so excited about bringing Lucy home, I was a more than prepared expectant boxer mom! I couldn't wait to share the adventures that I was going to have with Lucy! I've also always loved to write, and was truthfully looking for a way to express myself and do something that I really enjoy.
3. Is your current purpose the same? In many ways, yes. I still love sharing Lucy with the world. I also love that it's a great place for me to keep track of things that are going on in my very hectic world.
If not, what’s different? I find myself putting a lot more thought into my posts, actually thinking ahead and trying to find things to blog about that will help others that may be new to pet parenting.
4. Do you blog on a schedule or as the spirit moves you? My blogging definitely falls under the category of "as the spirit move me." Over the last 9 months, there have been days where Lucy has been so entertaining, that I've posted more than once, and times when I've gone days without blogging.
5. Are you generating income from your blog? No
If not currently, do you hope to in the future — and how? No, I really don't plan to generate income from it... I wouldn't complain if a publisher came along and asked me to write a book about life with dogs, though!
6. What do you like most about blogging in general and your blog in particular (bragging is good!)? Lucy is a huge joy to me, and it always makes me happy to hear how much other people enjoy seeing her beautiful little boxer face. I love it when people tell me how much they're enjoying reading my blog. I guess, in other words, I love the comments!
7. What do you like least? I can't think of anything that I don't like about blogging. If I didn't enjoy it, I wouldn't be doing it. This is a creative, fun, hobby for me.
8. How do you see your blog changing/growing in 2011? There are a lot of changes in store for our family in 2011. We're planning on moving to a different part of the country, adding another dog to our life, and I'm planning to focus even more on Lucy's training this year as she turns one... Agility here Lucy & I come!
Of course, we're looking forward to meeting and making new friends! Lucy and I love new followers!