Thursday, February 10, 2011

Your Opinion Please, Lucy!

While Lucy may not have an opinion about what color I should paint the wall behind my kitchen cabinets, she certainly has opinions about whether or not the new rugs should stay or go! I've had a hard time making a choice for my rugs and the color of the wall. But, I fell in love with these rugs the other day and was pretty sure they were a keeper. I couldn't wait to get home and show them to Lucy. Lucy thought that I had made a good choice, and although she didn't come right out and say it, I knew she approved when she made herself comfortable and took a nap on the new rug!

Lucy and I have put almost 30 gallons of paint on our new walls in the last 4 weeks. And as I'm sure many of you have noticed, it would seem that a huge portion of those 30 gallons have ended up on some part of Lucy.

I've tried to clean her off as we go, with some success. However, I noticed the other day that there were big blobs of paint that just weren't going to come off without tossing Lucy in the tub.

So, this afternoon after painting all day, I filled the tub for Lucy and called her. She's never been in the big tub at the house, and I couldn't wait to see what she did in there. She seemed to know she needed a bath...

I don't usually throw Lucy's toys in the tub with her, but then I don't usually have paint to remove from her fur either. I was thinking it would help to occupy her while I did my best to render my boxer paint free. It wasn't a bad idea, and it did keep her busy while I got some of the paint off of her. She's definitely cleaner than she was when she went in there, but there's still paint on my little boxer...

I think she had a good time in the tub, and the paint doesn't seem to be bothering her, so I guess we'll try again some other day. I'm sure that before it's all said and done, she'll have more paint on her anyway!

16 comments:

  1. Lucy,
    Those rugs are fabulous! They coordinate with your fur nicely :)
    You should be on HGTV!!

    Wyatt and Stanzie

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom person says that rug is stunning.

    I say, I HATE baths, so Lucy is very good.

    Nubbin wiggles,
    Oskar

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you wish you could paint your walls the same color as Lucy's fur when it hits the sunlight? I know that Brutus' coat is a sparkly auburn color...so beautiful and unreplicable (is that even a word?).

    ReplyDelete
  4. OoH yes, my mom LUVS dose rugs too and we both LUVS our Lucy Lou!

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae

    ReplyDelete
  5. We can't believe mom put paintonyou andthen blamesyou!! 30 gallons, ohmy.
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes Lucy - like Wyatt sed, the rug color an'u just go tugether an'u no - it'z all about the continuity of color an'the flow of u an'the color that countz - just like what they say on HGTV.
    Shiloh'n Shasta

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are in awe that you can even have rugs....cause the first thing we like to do...is "christen" them with pee!!

    PEES-the rugs are simply gorgeous...though!


    (((Hugs)) your friends
    Oskar, Schatzi & Xena

    ReplyDelete
  8. Toys in the tub... what a smart idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I HATE BATHS!!!! Lucy looks like she's having so much fun!
    -Corbin

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bet Lucy is a big help with the decorating. Do you have little pawprints painted on the floor somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Y'all!

    Gee! I've never had a bath! It looks like such fun! I only get showers. :(

    Y'all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete
  12. She looks like she's having fun in the bath tub! Maybe our Mama will try putting our toys in the tub next time too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We loved the rugs. Good luck getting the paint of Lucy, what a task that must be.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the rug... I know it must have been rough to clean, but Lucy looks so cute with her paint... Alex, our cat, wants no part of being near us when we paint....

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think if Lucy loves the rug, then you made the right choice.
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  16. I remember painting walls when I first moved in. I had a dog and a cat at that time and they both seemed to enjoy leaning up against a freshly painted wall. Urgh!!!

    ReplyDelete