Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Everyone Back Together Again, Finally!

For the first time in 5 weeks, my entire family is all in the same place. Well, sort of, at least we're all in the same state, which is an improvement. (Lucy's at home, I'm at the store in the north, and Rob's at the store in the south!)

I flew back home on Friday, and left Rob & Lucy to button up the Florida house before heading North in the truck.

It sounds like they had a good time together on their journey from Orlando, Florida to Hudson, North Carolina, then to Chattanooga, Tennessee and wrapping up the journey in Louisville, Kentucky! Lucy is a very well travelled little boxer! Other than the fact that she insisted on sitting on her Daddy's lap for most of the journey, I think they had a wonderful time together!

I was so thrilled to see my little boxer, but it took her a little while to show me how thrilled she was to see me. I think she was mad at me for leaving her, even though she was with her Daddy, because she wouldn't give me a kiss or even wiggle for me the first couple of hours that they were back!

But, by the time we got home last night, and I grabbed a favorite toy and started playing with her, she had decided that I had been punished enough!

Oh, it's so good to have everyone home again! Everything will return to our kind of normal within a couple of days. Now, if it would only warm up so that Lucy and I could go for a walk or play outside, everything would really be perfect.

9 comments:

  1. We dogs are not very good at holding grudges, are we! We bet Lucy was sorta mad at you for being gone, but underneath she was just so happy to be back with you, she couldn't stay mad! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, she probably just missed you and now is so happy to have you back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Together again! Great.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Kendra & Bella

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sure have been traveling a lot! Glad to hear you are all together again-that's the way we like it over here at our house too :)
    Wags,
    Maddy and Owen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I am very happy dat you is all together again!

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its about ding dang time
    Snuggles,
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  7. We agree, dogs don't "hold grudges" for very long, thank goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  8. all together safe and sound...now... no more sulking Lucy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Y'all,

    I do that to my Humans when they go out without me. They come home and I just lay there on my bed and stare at them. Serves them right for leaving me home. ;)

    I wanted to let y'all know that I've given you the Stylish Blogger Award. Stop and pick it up when y'all get a chance.

    Y'all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete