Monday, January 17, 2011

What Are The Crazy Hoomans Up To Now?

For Lucy, there is only one goal right now; getting warm and staying that way. When we woke this morning, she was buried under blankets, and smack dab in the middle of the bed right between Rob and I. (I guess that's why we were so warm!) Last night, she sacked out in front of the heater. And this morning, when I emerged from the shower, there was a boxer nestled in a big blue, furry bath robe outside of the tub! She had no interest at all in being outside this morning. As soon as we walked out there, she went right back to the door. Of course, who can blame her? It was only 9 degrees when I left the house this morning. I'm sick of it too!

Our house is a complete and total state of confusion, and Lucy seems to constantly be wondering what the heck we're up to? We are closing on the Florida house tomorrow, from Pennsylvania. The plan is to leave tomorrow night, with Lucy and the trailer loaded as full as it can possibly be. Lucy and I are going to stay in Florida, and start setting up the house (because we all know how easy it is to paint with a boxer baby in tow!) and Rob is going to come back home. He'll reload after being home for a couple of days, and head back to Florida.

So this means, that not only do I have to be completely packed by tomorrow night for the first run, but I also have to have the second run packed before we leave since I won't be coming back. Talk about stress... I'm really feeling it, I've gotta tell you.

If you've ever moved you can understand the stress of that situation alone. But when you add to that the fact that it's nearly impossible to find boxes (because everyone instantly crushes them!), and the fact that there are not nearly enough hours in the day, it get's even more stressful.

Lucy stood at the bottom of the stairs last night, watching as I made boxes, filled them with kitchen stuff, and then carried them out to the garage. She couldn't figure out what was going on, but Little Miss Intuitive knows something is definitely going on!

17 comments:

  1. Good luck with the move.. I bet Lucy will love the Florida weather!! I would head to the dollar store or grocery store. They usually have boxes they would give away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you can tell Lucy, once you get to Florida, she won't be so cold all the time anymore! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bet you can't wait for the warm weather Lucy. Happee trails
    Snuggles,
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope that Lucy & you love the new home!

    Nubbin wiggles,
    Oskar

    ReplyDelete
  5. We HATE seeing boxes or suitcases packed! Very disturbing.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Kendra & Bella

    ReplyDelete
  6. My little ones like to cuddle in the middle of the night too. And then again in the morning when we first wake up. I'm going to miss being able to cuddle them in the morning once I start school.

    Good luck getting everything packed and I hope you have a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure all the packing is a bit confusing to Lucy. But as long as she knows where you are, she'll be happy. Florida sounds divine right now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucy photos are so cool while she is trying to get warm.
    Dog Health Supplements

    ReplyDelete
  9. They can always sense when something's happening. Sounds to me like you've got a big job on your hands. Good luck!

    Pat
    www.critteralley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. We will miss you in Pennsylvania! I wish I knew the move was so close as I would've liked to visit with both you and Lucy one last time.

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good Luck sifting down from the much cooler climes of Canada...I won't be jealous...honest....will be watching your move from afar. Bon Voyage!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck with the big move! I hope that everything goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lucy and our Mom must be related - they both hate cold weather AND Mom would love to be moving to FL! We think Lucy will love it there! Can't wait to see pics of her in her new digs.

    The Road Dogs

    ReplyDelete
  14. We wish you the best of luck and safe travels!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  15. To say that moving is stressful is a huge understatement. I think it's in the top three, and it's doubly hard when you have pets.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope Lucy and you are going to have a very safe journey. make it sure to Lucy that whatever is happening is for their good.
    Dog Joint Supplements

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great pictures... Good luck with the move...I just came home from Florida last night. I am so jealous.. Everytime we visit, we talk about when we can consider moving down there....Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete