Saturday, January 15, 2011

Consider The Human Trained

That sad little look on Lucy's face yesterday morning stayed with me all day. As I was driving home last night, I vowed to do my very best to keep that little look off of my boxers precious little face. (A big challenge since all Lucy really wants to do is, play!) So, this morning, before I started getting ready for work, I grabbed Lucy's rope toy and started to play with her before she could ever give me "The Look."

The arm in the photo, well it's mine. Or at least I think it's mine. Lucy's been beating me up, and I've got scrapes, and nicks and bruises all over that poor arm...

I now know the meaning of the popular t-shirt saying "Underneath the bruises and slobber..." If you don't like to play rough, a boxer isn't your breed! I'm starting to think it might be a good idea to constantly wear a button that says "Boxer Mom" so that people don't think I'm being abused!

The Tug o War game is also good for a back and neck adjustment. I'll never understand how such a little pup can tug so hard or for so long. She's so strong. I was worn out long before she was!

I should also add that she was not very fond of the fact that the camera was a huge part of our play time. I swear she's figured out a way to avoid the camera lens.

Lucy and I were having so much fun playing that I didn't even realize how late it was getting. Before I knew it, a 1/2 an hour had escaped us. I guess watching Lucy run up and down the stairs and then wrestling with her to get the rope toy back, takes up more time that I had imagined!

I'm pretty sure that our play date this morning wore Lucy out, because when I walked into the bathroom and turned on the shower, she curled up on my bath robe and was still waiting there when I got out.

And when I fired up the blow dryer, Lucy retreated to the bedroom and made herself comfortable. This is where I found my little boxer! Oh how I would have loved to curl up right next to her and just snuggle the day away!

Our playtime this morning really gave my day a great start! I had a lot of fun playing with Lucy, and felt a lot better leaving the house this morning knowing that she was probably kind of worn out!

One of our followers left the following comment about Lucy's Look..."Where dogs lack a voice God made up for it with soulful eyes to speak for them!" All I have to say is "Amen!"

7 comments:

  1. Good job Lucy, it works every time
    Happy Day
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful way to start the day, fun and you lower your blood pressure and get life going in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job getting the blood pumping to start the day! I like that saying in your last post comments too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a great idea! If you give Lucy some playtime in the morning, then she'll be happy all day long until you come back! Hint-hint, to our Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We give "the look" pretty routinely and it works very well :) We love getting our playtime in. Great job Lucy!
    Wags,
    Maddy and Owen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Y'all,

    You only THINK we're worn out! Give us a couple winks and we're ready to go again!

    Workin' dogs never tire, we just get old.

    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete
  7. My Shiver gives me "the look" every time I leave the house. Makes me feel so guilty.

    ReplyDelete