Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Our First Post Of The New Year... My Oh My!

My New Year's Resolution, or at least one of them, was to get back in the habit of blogging. I had good intentions, but as you may have all noticed, I'm not doing so well. My little boxer is still running from the camera, which is frustrating as heck. She does the darnedest things, and I keep grabbing the camera. As soon as Lucy hears the sound of my camera turning on- she's outta there!

It's been so cold here that we've had to resort to a lot of "indoor playtime" which gets us very unapproving looks from Lucy's Daddy as we're making lots of noise and generally tearing up the house! "Oops, sorry honey!"

One of Lucy and I's favorite games to play in the house is fetch up and down the stairs. I like it because when Lucy runs up and down the stairs, she tires quickly and I don't seem to suffer as many bruises as when we're playing tug o war on the ground!

I'm pretty sure that Lucy misses her outdoor playtime, because she'll go to the door and ring the bell to go outside, but when I get there and open the door to let her out and she gets hit with the cold, she turns around and comes back into the house.

The other night, I caught Lucy, toy in mouth, staring wistfully out across the yard.

"Do you want to go outside and play, Lucy?"

As soon as I opened the door and the cold air hit Lucy in the face, she was off to the living room.

I am pretty sure that Lucy is going to have no trouble adjusting to being a Florida dog. What do you think?

7 comments:

  1. Happy New Year dear friend!
    We wish you a lovely good year filled with good health and good laugh.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We think she'll adjust VERY quickly to Florida.

    We always stop doing whatever we're doing when we hear the camera music.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Kendra & bella

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think she's going to have a lot of trouble, either! It's funny that she hates the cold so much - I have a dog that hates the heat and loves the cold.

    Looking forward to blogging with you in 2011.

    Sam and MargeDog

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's super cold here too! Most of the time, I have to have a jacket on to go outside... FL sounds like a great plan!
    -Corbin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is there not a sound setting on your camera so you can turn the sound off? There's one on mine - handy for nervous dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My dogs are the same way once the cold air hits them. They have to go through the garage to go out into the back yard so in the winter, they'll usually just pee on my car tires and come back in.

    ReplyDelete