Sunday, April 18, 2010

Lucy's 10 Weeks Old!

Today is Lucy's 10 week birthday! It's hard to notice how much she's growing, until I look back at some of my earlier pictures, and then it becomes evident that we've got a soon to be very long-legged beauty living amongst us! She's a good eater, and is really enjoying her new "Wellness" diet. Last night, Lucy sampled some string beans for the very first time. She loved them, and I'm sure that she would have eaten the whole can, but her mother put a stop to it, knowing that a whole can of string beans would be paid for very dearly at a later hour! I'm so glad that my little girl likes good food. She also loves cheese! The sound of a cheese bag opening will bring my little boxer to a complete halt, and she'll come running no matter what else she was involved in! Guess I've figured out to get her undivided attention!

This is her official 10 week old photo. She had a great time playing in the lilac branches! I didn't have to bribe her at all to get her to sit still long enough to get a picture... um, okay, I bribed her! She doesn't quite get her mother's attempts at cool photographs.

The last couple of days have been so cold. It's hard to believe that earlier in the week I had sandals on and was drinking my morning coffee on the deck with the "kids" and today, I grabbed my heaviest winter coat just to step outside with Lucy. She doesn't much care for the cold- and likes the rain even less. I had to pick her up and carry her outside yesterday. She could feel the cold blast of air as soon as I opened the door and she wanted no part in it. I'll definitely be purchasing a winter coat, and maybe some boots for my little boxer next winter if I ever want her to leave the warmth of the house.

I tried waking her up this afternoon so that I could play with her, but knew she had to go "OUTSIDE" before being let loose in the house. As soon as she saw me with the coat on, she knew what was coming and decided that maybe if she snuggled up with me, she could get out of going out in the cold!

Unbeknownst to my little boxer, my fiance hates mail! She grabbed this envelope out of his office this afternoon and he will no longer have to figure out what to do with it! I love that even in moments of extreme mischievousness- my little Lucy tries so hard to be "proper". I thought his office was puppy-proofed. I guess not! Bad human, I should have taken it from her immediately and told her "no". Instead, I grabbed the camera and started snapping away. I eventually removed the envelope, but I let her have a little fun first, and I of course walked away with a couple of cute shots and tons of shredded envelope to clean up! She always looks so innocent when she's being mischievous!

Shoes haven't captured much of Lucy's attention. It may be the fact that we've got to some pretty extreme measures to make sure that none of them are in the reach of her little puppy grasp. However, today she decided that Mommy's running shoes were looking like they needed some attention. That was the most action those running shoes have seen in months and the lure of the shoelace was too great for Lucy to resist. Several hours later she made an honest attempt at my laptop cord. She stopped dead in her tracks when she saw the wild look in my eye and heard the very shrill "no" aimed directly at her.

The cold and rainy weather here today has kept us indoors. Lucy is still bound and determined to get Ceasar to play with her, and Ceasar is still bound and determined to have nothing to do with her. She'll try anything- she bites his tail, she barks at him and nothing changes the fact that he just doesn't want to play with my noisy little boxer. I'm not sure that's ever going to change- he doesn't seem to be snapping at her as much, I did notice today however that he can't seem to get away from that shrill little bark soon enough. She tries and tries to be charming and cute, but that doesn't have any effect on the old boy!

One of my favorite things about my little boxer is the wild eyed look that she gets when she's ready to rumble. She'll roll over on her back, put all 4 paws in the air and will paw at whatever toy is dangling over top of her. It's hysterical to watch, and I can tell she's having a blast. The octopus is one of the best toys for this little game, but in this picture, Willy was was nowhere to be found. She just decided it was good idea to be silly. Maybe she knew mom loves this look and badly wanted a picture of it!

My little buddy loves to be in the kitchen with me, maybe because it's warm, or maybe she's figured out that there is always a chance of food dropping. Today she kept me company while I baked a blueberry pie, and now she's slumbering on the doggy pillow, probably dreaming of eating that pie and I'm sure that roast beef is smelling pretty good too! I only wish that we had a nice day to play outside!

And the big question of the day.... What in the world ever tempted Lucy's Human to lift a steaming hot blueberry pie out of the oven, and tip it in one direction to see if there was liquid in it? Not very bright, human! Now there's blueberry liquid all over the rug in front of the stove- so to answer the question- yup, there WAS liquid in it. I guess it's a good thing the boxer is bright!

No comments:

Post a Comment