Monday, April 5, 2010

Day 3 with Lucy!

It's official, I am completely in love with my little boxer baby! She is sweet and cuddly, and playful and being such a wonderful puppy! Neither Rob nor I can believe how well behaved she is. (And we're not just saying this because we're partial parents!) I guess we were both expecting that Lucy's first couple of days home would be more of a challenge than what they have been.
The two most popular toys seem to be this tire, and the octupus which I've been calling Willy. (Willy is definitely my favorite toy, and Lucy just loves to pull at the white hair on top of his head!) It's a lot of fun watching her play with the little octopus.

Leaves, tree branches, and the german shepherds tennis balls also seem to be popular (although the love of the tennis balls seems to cause quite a ruckus! Tennis balls in our home have up until this point been the property of the German Shepherd, Ceasar and on rare occassions, the basset hound would sneak off with one.)

This morning, we played outside, had breakfast, and then I had to get ready for work. She stayed with me in the bathroom while I was getting ready for a little while, then wandered off. A couple of minutes later I heard little puppy noises, and decided I had better go investigate. The house is definitely puppy proofed, but we have a bathroom that's under re-construction and I was afraid somehow that door had gotten opened and that my little one had found mischief. I was rather suprised to find that the only mischief my little boxer baby had found was a basket of dirty clothes that looked like a good place to curl up and take a nap. Not sure why she likes it in the dirty clothes basket, but I didn't have the heart to move her. She looked so happy there.

Settling down for the night is a big deal. She's very content to snuggle with mommy for a couple of minutes, then she needs her space. The last couple of nights she wandered somewhere in the middle of the bed, usually in between Rob & I with her head on Rob's leg, and her hind legs spread out over me. Early this morning, we woke up to find her lying on her back all 4 legs in the air- sound asleep. I swear she was smiling. While I was getting ready for work this morning, she curled up on my pj's and took a little nap.

Lucy's favorite spot in the yard is a place that makes Mommy nervous. She loves to crawl under the deck and play peek-a-boo with me. Yesterday she found 2 dried out pampas grass bushes and went wild puppy on us. I wish I could have gotten a picture, but as fast as she was moving, it definately would have been nothing but a blur.

No comments:

Post a Comment