Friday, December 3, 2010

Silver Linings

I'm one to always try to find the silver lining in any situation, and I guess this week would be the perfect example of that. There's been good stuff and bad stuff all week... And I've got some very exciting news!

I'm getting a sinus infection! (Obviously this is not the exciting news!)

The silver lining:
I've got a whole bottle of penicillin and steroid nasal spray, so I should be able to cure it without a trip to the doctor!

I had a ton of computer problems this week. (This isn't the news either...) For some reason, my computer wouldn't stay functional for more than 10 minutes which made me INSANE! I spent about 6 hours the other day trying to back everything up in anticipation of having to wipe the operating system out.

The silver lining: I did a system restore yesterday, and everything seems to be back to normal! And if the problems start again, I've got a good backup!)

It's very cold here, and there's snow and ice on the ground and the roads! (Still not the news... I love to build anticipation!)

The silver lining: Lucy is loving the snow, and I am in turn getting a lot of comic relief from her love of the snow! The cold just doesn't seem to phase her, surprisingly enough!

And... She and I have been taking lots of walks & playing in the cold weather and snow... don't you burn more calories in the cold? Last night we spent a 1/2 hour out in the yard when we got home from work, of course I looked a lot like an Eskimo!

Now for my BIG!!, SUPER EXCITING!!, WONDERFUL!! news... (the news that came just as my beautician was pulling the foils out of my hair) that has had me smiling since about 11:30 on Wednesday morning (yes, I'm thankful that I was finally able to get my haircut and highlighted and I feel 10 times better, but this is not the news...)

Here it is... Rob & I put an offer on a house in Orlando, FLA about 3 weeks ago. We have been waiting for 2 weeks for a response to our counter offer and wondering if we were going to get the house... Well, on Wednesday, our offer was accepted!!!! I'm excited for so many reasons... Thankful that we've found a wonderful home, in a great location, at a fabulous price... And excited because this will be the 1st home that we have picked out and purchased as a couple... So really our first house! Our little family is moving to Orlando... some day...

I am headed to Orlando on Sunday to do the home inspection...

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on the house! I have a sinus infection too! Thank goodness for antibiotics!!

    We're doing a dog food drive for homeless dogs on my blog. Anyone who wants to help would be appreciated!!

    http://ifididnthaveasenseofhumor.blogspot.com/2010/11/could-you-spare-bag-of-pet-food.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. That IS exciting, but there won't be any snow!

    XXXOOO Daisy, Kendra & Bella

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on the house..yay...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Silver linings are very important :) Congratulations on the house! but Lucy will miss the snow ;/
    Wags,
    Maddy and Owen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay fur you and da new house! :)

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae

    PeeS My Lucy Lou looks SO serious in her picture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so exciting to buy a house. And it's doubly exciting that it's your first together. So congrats! I hope Lucy loves sand as much as she loves snow! Happy Howladays to Lucy and her humans :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the house! That's always so exciting. Too bad you can't bring poor Job with you. He and Lucy are going to miss each other.

    Hope you feel better. I woke up with what I thought was a cold. I kept having to blow my nose every 5 seconds earlier but now it seems to be ok.

    ReplyDelete