Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Lucy's Human Is Back!

I couldn't wait to get home yesterday and see Rob and the little boxer. And it was instantly apparent how much my little boxer pup missed her mama. She wiggled, and wiggled, and I got tons of kisses. I like to travel, but hate being away from Rob & Lucy! (In case you're wondering, Rob's butt wasn't wiggling like Lucy's was!)

A couple of inches of snow fell while I was in Florida, and Lucy couldn't wait to show me how she plays in the snow. I'm wondering if after a couple of months of the ground being covered in the white stuff, if the little boxer will get as sick of it as her humans do? I guess only time will tell... But for now, she's having a grand ole' time in the white powder!

Last night, she hauled one of her marrow bones out and dropped it on the deck and waited for me to do something. Seeing as how it was covered in snow, Lucy's human had no desire to pick it up, so I covered it in snow, and waited for Lucy to dig it out.

Lucy and I played this little game for about 10 minutes. Then something else caught Lucy's attention, and it didn't matter any more that I had buried the bone.

Lucy started doing this amazing little pounce and bounce routine last night, and repeated the performance for me this morning till I had laughed so hard that I had tears streaming down my face. Last night it was this frozen over water bowl, this morning it was just the snow.

And when she was all done pouncing across the deck, Lucy got a bad case of the boxer zoomies and tore around the yard for the next 15 minutes... Ears flying, snow going everywhere! And when she was all done, she flew up onto the deck and sat down beside me with her sweet little face covered in snow, and I had to laugh. Oh, Lucy! You're such a clown!

8 comments:

  1. There is no more appreciative welcomer than a pup who's missed their Momma!! Welcome home and God Bless Lucy!! She is beautiful!
    Kelly & Crew
    Big Mac, Molly & Moxie
    angelpupscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel. When my mama comes home I'm over the moon. That white stuff looks interesting. Mama says its "snow". I've never walked around in that. It looks interesting! Can I trap squirrels in it?

    Anyway, when you can, come and see my new template. It's snowing on my blog, too.

    Feel free to sign the guest book too!

    Have a great day!

    Your Pal,
    Opie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snow photos of dogs are just priceless. I bet she was extra goofy because she was happy that her mom was home! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME Photos! I can just picture Lucy have TONS of fun in that snow! Sounds like she was just plain H A P P Y to have her mom home!!!
    Enjoy the day,
    Joan & Jane Austen Eyre

    ReplyDelete
  5. We bet you missed that girl while you were away!

    XXXOOO Daisy, Kendra & Bella

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it when I come home to my chi's. No matter how crappy a day I've had, it all melts away when I see them. They're always so happy to see me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh She's glad to have momma back... Sounds like she had a grand ole time in the snow..Hope you had a good trip

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great shot mid-pounce! There's no better feeling that seeing the dogger butt wiggle when you get home!

    ReplyDelete