Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Four Feet/Foot Rule



I read somewhere a few weeks ago that the amount of space allocated for any one being in the bed, is determined by the number of feet you have- not how many feet tall you are. Clearly, that rule applies in our home because my 4 footed little boxer somehow always manages to take up more than her fair share of the bed. Her favorite spot to sleep is right in the middle of the bed, in between her Daddy and I. Rob claims that it's jealousy and that Lucy's protecting me. I personally think that Lucy has figured out that the warmest place in the bed is in between her two humans.


I found the most wonderful red and green Christmas collar for Lucy the other day. It has wonderful little bells on all of the petals. I couldn't wait for it to arrive. I was imagining Lucy sitting in the middle of the living room looking festive and posing for the camera so that we could send out what would be a very late Christmas card. However, that wasn't the way that it went down. It took me two days to even get her to let me put it on her, and when I finally did get it on her, she became obsessed with getting off. The moral of this story is that there is obviously no Christmas picture. This is the second Christmas accessory that I've purchased for Lucy in hopes of getting a great holiday shot... Maybe today will be my lucky day.

11 comments:

  1. My hubby and I sleep with a cat and a small dog (Chili, our puglet). Chili has the bad habit of either laying on the blanket between us so that it doesn't fully cover me, or getting between my legs on top of the blanket so I'm trapped and can't move or roll over without moving her. The cat thinks that every time I move it's time for some meaningful interaction. He'll stick out his claws and place them gently on my face. Then push down until I wake up. Lucy is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture made me laugh. Shiver sometimes sleeps like that. My boys sleep on either side of me. Chico is usually on the left while Shiver is on the right.

    Sorry things didn't work out with the collar. It sounds like it's really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christmas pictures are one of my favorite parts of the holidays with my pets. Any chance you can pose her with a santa hat, maybe? Maybe it won't bother her so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girlfriend Hoss is the same way!!!! Except the other morning I woke up with him on top of my back!!! Yeah all 70 pounds of him on my back!!!! LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really Lucy knows best...at lest that's what she told me...Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course the dog belongs on the bed! Kelly loves to sleep in the little space made by my feet at the bottom of the bed. Merry Christmas Lucy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey There Lucy!!
    Just stopping by to wish you a Very Happy New Year!!
    Pug Hugs,
    Joan & Jane Austen Eyre

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gus loves to plant himself right between us too :) Hope you got that great holiday shot...Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Opie luckily is only 20 pounds, but he sleeps horizontally - head tucked into somebody's backside and back feet poking into the small of somebody's back. This is okay until he starts dreaming. Then somebody will move him. Then he'll wake up and walk all over us until he finds a more comfortable spot or until my husband just grabs him and stuffs him under his arm and goes back to sleep. I think this is where he wants to be anyway and everyhing else is a ruse.

    Your Pal,

    Opie's Mom

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha! Try sleeping with three pugs, a two hundred lb. husband and ... A boxer!

    ReplyDelete