Thursday, March 24, 2011

Waiten...

Lucy just wouldn't be a boxer if she didn't realize that sometin' was up. She's so perceptive that it's scary sometimes. I'm convinced that my little boxer baby is just waiting for us to go meet her potential new brother. She definitely knows something is going on, although she probably doesn't know what. She just knows that her human is excited and happy about something.


Since all we can do is wait it out, Lucy and I decided to pass the time last evening by having a rather vigorous game with her big red jolly ball. This is one of Lucy's favorite toys, it's definitely her favorite ball, probably because it's got a handle on it making it easy for her to carry around. She loves chasing the jolly ball up and down the stairs and then teasing her human with it.





If Lucy could talk, I'm pretty sure she would have been asking me if it was time to go get Duke yet. Heck, I can talk and I'm asking her if it's time to get Duke yet... I so wish that it was!

15 comments:

  1. Great pics Lucy... your big ball looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your ball looks like fun. Bet you can't wait for your new play buddy
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  3. THe jolly ball looks like a lot of fun..Can't wait to see pics new brother

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww I am so excited for you guys!!!!! I can't wait to find out how it all goes!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, I just read your news! I'm so excited to hear how everything goes!
    -Corbin
    ps. I destroyed my jolly ball... I'm on my second one, which I treat with a little more respect because I was sad when I killed my first one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great news! I can't wait to see Duke.

    Nubbin wiggles,
    Oskar

    ReplyDelete
  7. All I can say is....enjoy playing with your toys while you can!! BOL Thats what I have learned from my new sister!!

    wags
    Jazzi and Addy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! I can't wait to meet Duke!

    ReplyDelete
  9. She DOES look like she's waiting for something...

    XXXOOO Daisy, Kendra & Bella

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such great photos! We all are anxious to meet Duke, too :-D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, we are excited for you!! We can't wait to meet your new brudder!
    But, it's great to have such a pawsome ball to play with in the meantime!

    (((hugs)) your friends
    Oskar, Schatzi & Xena

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's hard to wait. If you drop that jolly ball back down the stairs you can run down after it, then carry it back up for a while. Maybe that will keep you busy while waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just saw your post and picture of Duke-a rescue pooch-how wonderful of you! We hope it works out for everyone-clearly Duke would have a fantastic furever home!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Doggys know when something is up...they can see things like body language, excitement and change in routine. Lucy is tuned right in and has her antennae on high alert....whoop whoop!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That ball looks like fun, but our toy box is overflowing so much we are on a no new toys policy at the moment! What great news about a new brother! We are so excited for you and Duke and can't wait to hear more about it!
    Wags,
    Maddy and Owen

    ReplyDelete