Saturday, June 19, 2010

What Did You Do Now, Lucy?



(Nope- she hasn't learned to wink!)

Last night, my fiance and I came home from dinner and put Lucy outside after the normal kiss, kiss, hug, wiggle, wiggle. When I let her back inside, she was still wiggling and I bent down to give her a kiss. "OH MY GOSH LUCY! What did you get into?"

Lucy's right eye was completely swollen shut and there was a huge bump above her eye. She let both Rob and I inspect and touch her eye, and it didn't seem to be bothering her, it was just completely swollen shut and looked terrible! This isn't the first time we've had one of these bumps- and as previously instructed by the vet- I gave her a dose of Childrens Benedryl.

This morning, the swelling has gone down somewhat- and you can once again see her eye- but it's still there.

"Did you try to kiss one of those furry bumblebees, Lucy?" No matter how many times I tell my little boxer, just because it's cute doesn't mean it wants to be your friend. If you're not more selective of who you kiss- you're going to get a reputation, Lucy Lou!

2 comments:

  1. Poor Lucy Lou,

    Been there done that...will probably do it again!

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes-hope Lucy's eye heals soon!
    If you have a chance, stop by Bocci's Beefs and enter the give-a-way-FIDO Friendly magazine is giving away a years subscription of FIDO Friendly to one lucky winner!
    And even if you don't win the freebie, there's a 20% discount code for all of my readers!
    Take care,

    YOur buddy,
    Bocci

    ReplyDelete