Thursday, February 9, 2012

TOM-a-TO, TOM-o-Toe!

For the most part, Lucy and Duke will eat anything. The other night, I was making their Daddy a salad, and both pups were sitting at my feet just waiting for something yummy to come their way. So, I decided to give each of them a little tomato and see what happened. I got a lot of giggles out of them in the next 10 minutes. Who knew a tomato could keep a boxer busy for so long?

"What the heck is that? And exactly what is it that I'm supposed to do with it, Ma?"

"You want me to do what with it? Eat it? I don't think so, but I might sit here and look at it for a while to figure out what it wants from me."

"I'm not sure what to do with it. The human says it's edibles, but I's isn't sure abouts dat. It doesn't evens smell like food!"

"I guess I'll try it. How bads can it be? She's was puttin it on Daddy's plate!"

"Hey, Lucy! What did you do wits dat thing Ma gave you?"

"I ates it Duke! Its wasn't anytin exciten, let me tell you!"

In the end, Lucy ate her tomato, and Duke's too. But, she didn't seem very excited about it, which was odd because she typically loves veggies! I guess that my kids, like me, don't like tomatoes! (And I've finally found something that Duke won't inhale!)

8 comments:

  1. That's so funny! What great pictures! Lucy looks so thrilled! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's just thrilled to be getting human food at this point. Her Daddy and I are on a diet trying to take off a few "winter" pounds. There's not much steak around our house these days!

      Delete
  2. OMG! Bella will do backflips for a cherry tomato. She throws them and catches them and talks to them and rolls them and when she wears herself out, she eats it. Then she goes looking for me to give her another. Tank just snarfs them down in a few seconds and looks for all the world like he "lost" it and wants another.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's pretty much what Lucy did with that tomato! It was hysterical! She's playing with everything these days!

      Delete
  3. I love tomatoes! They're so tasty when it was warmer I stole them all off mom's tomato plants
    Dachshund Nola

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love watching my boys play with stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such fun for the two to experience...let's see... does Sophie like toms...uhm...I don't know I'll try her on them to see.!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, BM here again. Just letting you know that I have given you the Versatile Blogger Award. Check out my Feb. 23 blog post!

    ReplyDelete