Friday, December 16, 2011

My Day With Lucy & Duke

After working about 90 hours since my last day off, I was more than ready for a day at home with the kids. I had planned to not even leave the house... (That never works out!) We started our day off out on the deck. Me in my bathrobe sipping a hot cup of coffee, both dogs by my side. Suddenly, out of nowhere, Duke leaps off the deck and Lucy follows right behind him. I have no idea what they saw, but I'm guessing it was something small that their mama couldn't see because she needs glasses. Try as I did, I couldn't see what got their attention.


Shortly after 10 A.M. I got a call that there was an emergency rocking chair situation (Have you ever heard of such a thing? Well take it from us, they do exist.) Since I had promised both boxers that I was going to spend the entire day with them, I shuffled both dogs into the car and we headed over to the Cranberry Store! Of course, Lucy called shotgun and rode most of the way there with her head on my arm! My little sweetie pie!


Mid-Afternoon Duke spotted something in the front yard that wasn't supposed to be there. I'm still not sure what it was, the only thing I could see that was out of place was a USPS box blowing across the neighbors driveway in the horrendous windstorm that we were experiencing. That box didn't come into our yard, guess Duke scared it away!


Around dinner-time, Lucy dropped the tire rope toy in my lap and waited for me to play with her. Of course, as soon as I got involved in the game, Duke joined in too! We played for a long time! I just love watching Lucy & Duke play together....


After the events of our day together, I had two very tired boxers on my hand, and they decided to snuggle up and take a nap while I finished the laundry, cleaned and cooked dinner! Good boxer puppies! Lucy thinks Duke is her own personal pillow!



6 comments:

  1. What a sweet day you spent with your sweet boxers! Today is the first day of my month long vacay from school and work. My boys and I spent much of it curled up taking a nap.

    My word verification: ditzi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Y'all,

    Wow! I have to get my Humans to promise to spend an entire day with me!

    Y'all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought that same toy for my babies today!

    Janelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like fun! What exactly is a rocking chair emergency?
    Dachshund Nola

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your new header pictures :D
    Pretty action packed day! A tired dog is a good dog!(we hear that a lot)

    Wyatt and Stanzie

    ReplyDelete