Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Busy, Busy Lucy

My little boxer loves to stay busy, she's always got a ton of energy although, I am not entirely sure where it all comes from. I had about 30 minutes of non-stop activity with Lucy at the house the other night. I had a hard time keeping up with what she was doing. She can bounce from one activity to another quicker than you can even say "Boxer Baby!", and this particular evening was no exception. I only captured about 30 minutes of activity, but it went on much longer!

7:00 PM: Just watching a little bit of tv. Lucy loves watching tv, although it doesn't usually hold her attention for very long. 2 or 3 minutes tops, and she's on to the next adventure!


7:03 PM: Lucy spotted Job in the yard playing.
"Mom- I wanna go outside!"

"Sorry Lucy, you're not all healed up, yet! Let's just stay inside for now, okay?"

7:05 PM: "Where's Daddy at, Ma? He's not in da study! I'm sure's he would let me go plays wit my boyfriend. I'm gonna find him!"

7:07 PM: Back at the window whining!

"Ma- I really wanna go out and play wit Job. Can I, Ma?"

7:10 PM: "Hey, Lucy- I've got something for you! Come see what I've got Lucy!"


Lucy's Giggle Ball is one of her favorite toys, but it's not always an appropriate toy. This talking ball winds Lucy up like no other toy, so when her Daddy & I are tired and trying to relax it's not our favorite thing in the world. But Sunday night, her Daddy wasn't home, and I don't mind the noise much- so out came the little blue talking ball! And the adventure started!

If you've never seen or heard a giggle ball- you'll have to find one. (But beware: your puppy is gonna go nuts!) This ball actually 'giggles' and Lucy loves chasing around the house. Of course, she goes crazy when it rolls under a piece of furniture and she can't get it out!

"Don't do that, puppy!
"Come here, puppy!"
"I'm gonna get you, puppy!"


(You can enlarge this image by clicking on it!)

I was really hoping after about 20 minutes of rolling her giggle ball around the house, she would calm down and lay down, at least for a minute or two! But, Job was still out in the yard, and she really wanted to go out and play with him! I can't wait until she's all better so that I can let her out there to play again. For now, she'll have to live with going for a walk with her human!



12 comments:

  1. Adorable pictures! She has so much personality in that cute face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful dog! I'm a new follower from the blog hop over at Moms Review 4 U. Come visit me sometime and follow back. Thanks, Tina
    http://www.savingscorner.org

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lucy you are so darn cute!
    I love the giggle ball and so does Leroy! Sherman on the other hand is terrified of the thing and runs in the basement whenever I bring it out! He's afraid it's going to get him:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cutie she is!!
    I'm following from MomsReview4You,
    Come visit me soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where did you find the giggle ball? My babies would love that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucy is so great... I love Boxers! And yeah, where did you find a giggle ball? I think my crew would really enjoy one...

    Ellie
    http://cedesofchange.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post! Aww, Lucy! How precious!

    :)

    Best wishes from one blogger to another,

    ~Zabrinah

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so hard to keep them quiet! Hope it's not long until the stitches are out and she can go play with Job. Sounds like she needs to get rid of some energy.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Kendra & Bella

    ReplyDelete
  9. My dad's beagle has waaaaaaaaaay too much energy sometimes. I don't know where it all comes from.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You need two -- that's the secret to dealing with their energy :)

    She is so darned cute. I love coming to your blog just to see her.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by my blog -- Lucy has the cutest dog collar!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Um, yes. Bird is going to have to have one of those giggle balls thingies. She says thanks to cousin Lucy for recommending it!

    ReplyDelete